Event Request Procedure
Requests should be made in writing by filling out a Service Request.
The request should include an appropriate banner index number. For departments that are paying with private funds a bill-head can be created. Please indicate on your request the name of the person/department responsible for payment. Unless otherwise noted, the person filling out the request will be held responsible for payment.
Students making requests for service should contact the [[scheduling, Scheduling Office]]. The Scheduling Office will then send a service request to Facilities Maintenance (FM).
Departments may request an estimate for the cost of the required services. Once an estimate is agreed upon, that will be the charge for the services.
- We require a minimum of 48 hours (two full business days) advance notice to deliver and setup for an event.
- The billing rate for FY20 is $30.45 per man-hour and $45.68 per overtime hour.
- Customers will be billed for actual man-hours worked to the closest quarter hour.
- Work required outside the normal workday (Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 4:00 pm) will be charged at the overtime rate.
- If Moving & Storage staff are required to return to campus outside the normal workday to support an event (setup, man, or break down), the minimum charge will be three (3) hours at the overtime rate.
- Hours incurred by Moving & Storage staff held over on a normal work day (M-F) because of an evening or late night break down will be charged at the overtime rate.
- Moving & Storage can provide furniture for rent without delivery or setup, up to the amount in our current inventory which varies throughout the year based on usage. Rented items must be picked up and returned by the customer.
- Furniture items cannot be left outside overnight. Late night events will be broken down immediately after the event ends.
- Large events are normally supported through our contract with local vendors at competitive prices.
- Furniture is available for use by University-authorized events only. Furniture items are not available for personal use or rental.
- Billing questions or discrepancies should be brought to the attention of the Moving & Storage Supervisor (email@example.com) or the Director of Building Services (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please take the time to review the rental rates. Moving & Storage reserves the right to prioritize the work and provide the best mix of personnel to complete the job. Damaged, stolen, or lost equipment will be billed to the customer or department. Moving & Storage will make every effort to work with the department to make your event a success.