The College of William and Mary Stormwater Management Plan complies with the six minimum control measures (MCM) outlined in the General Virginia Stormwater Management Program (VSMP) Permit Regulation for Discharges of Stormwater from Small Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (MS4).
The Plan will help the university to meet the following goals:
- Reduce the discharge of pollutants to the "maximum extent practicable" (MEP)
- Protect water quality; and
- Satisfy the appropriate water quality requirements of the Clean Water Act.
In accordance with the requirements of the annual permit, the public may report potential illicit discharges, improper disposal or spills, concerns about land disturbing activities, or other potential stormwater pollution concerns to the university.
In addition, comments related to the university’s MS4 program plan and other stormwater related documents is welcome.
For either of the above, please contact the Facilities Management Department at 757-221-2075 or 221-2270.
William & Mary Links
- W&M 2017 MS4 Annual Report - MS4 Annual Report 2017
- W&M 2018 MS4 Annual Report - MS4 Annual Report 2018
- W&M Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination Program
- W&M Pollution Prevention Plan
- W&M Chesapeake Bay TMDL Action Plan (Available for download 4/1/2019)
- W&M Stormwater Management Plan
- W&M General Permit for Discharges of Stormwater From Small MS4 Permit # VAR040039
- W&M MS4 Stormwater Program Plan