PLUS Resident Counselor Application
Resident Counselors serve as peer advisers to program participants, guiding students during this week-long introduction to life at William & Mary.
This is an exceedingly demanding job that requires teamwork and the ability to make responsible decisions quickly as situations arise. Self-reliance and a strong commitment to the PLUS Program are essential.
Resident counselors will receive a stipend with room and board for the duration of the one-week program. During this time, Resident Counselors are not permitted to have full-time jobs, internships, positions, or to take more than one class to ensure that they are committed and entirely available to PLUS students.
PLUS 2023 (Resident Counselor-Position Description)
Expectations / Requirements:
- Must be in good academic standing: Must have a cumulative 2.0-grade point average to be eligible for application, appointment, and continuance. Student staff whose semester grade point average falls below 2.0 may not be eligible for appointment or continuance.
- Strong leadership qualities and interpersonal skills
- Must attend training sessions
- Live on-site in the residence halls with students for the entire program.
- Serve as a role model for students
- Sit in class with students during lectures
- Abide by university policies; confront, enforce, and report violations of policies and inappropriate behavior in the assigned area.
- Limit outside activities so that those activities will not conflict with their position responsibilities.
- Maintain communication with freshmen throughout the Fall semester
- Stay connected with the CSD throughout the academic year.
For more information, please contact Shené V. Owens, PLUS Program Director, at [[plus]].