Campus Living Options
Living Learning Communities
Special Interest Housing
- Africana House promotes awareness of Africa and provides an informal setting where students are introduced to African history, cultures, and current events.
- Language houses immerse students in a living environment that fosters increased language study and cultural awareness. Some of the language house options include: Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Hispanic, Italian, Japanese and Russian.
- Mosaic House engages students in on-going intellectual exchange about culture, diversity, interracial community and sexuality. Mosaic House provides a supportive space for students at the intersection of the campus's growing diversification and also welcomes students who wish to expand their cross-cultural understanding.
- Reves International House is William & Mary's own "Global Village," housing international and domestic students with an interest in international affairs.
Gender Inclusive Housing
Residence Life is committed to offering gender inclusive housing options to ensure inclusive communities. Residence Life offers two options of housing preferences based on gender:
- Single-Gender Housing – having roommates/suitemates/apartment-mates who have the same sex listed in Banner
- Gender Inclusive Housing – having roommates/suitemates/apartment-mates of any gender or gender expression/identity.
- Medical Housing Accommodation - If you require special housing accommodations approval because of a medical need please contact Student Accessibility Services in the Dean of Students Office.
- Religious Accommodation Request - Requests for religious housing accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis according to documented need. Following a thorough review through the Dean of Students Office, will make recommendations as appropriate to Residence Life.
Sharpe Community Scholars Program
- Sharpe Scholars live together in Spotswood Hall - a residence hall specifically for Sharpe and other Scholars.