Parent & Family Council
The Parent & Family Council (PFC) is a community of parent volunteer leaders who are dedicated to increasing parent engagement, promoting William & Mary, and strengthening the Tribe family. PFC Members enhance student life and student success initiatives by giving and raising vital funds for the Parents Fund. As parent ambassadors, PFC Members welcome new Tribe families and help them navigate life with a college student. Members also meet faculty and administrators, provide a parent perspective to William & Mary’s senior leadership, and learn about university initiatives and priorities.
Members of the Parent & Family Council are asked to:
GIVE and help get financial support for William & Mary.
- Contribute an annual gift of $10,000 or more to the Parents Fund which supports student success and student life initiatives.
- Consider an endowment-level gift during or after their tenure on the PFC in honor of their student’s graduation.
- Encourage other families to support the Parents Fund.
- Identify, meet, or solicit families who are interested in supporting William & Mary and joining the PFC.
- Make annual thank-you stewardship calls and write thank-you notes to Parent Fund donors as requested by PFC Chairs and Parent & Family Giving Staff.
- Help with Admissions events and welcome receptions.
- Host and attend parent receptions, dinners, lectures, or other gatherings in your local community.
- Help William & Mary identify and secure career opportunities (jobs, internships, and job shadowing opportunities) for students in conjunction with the Cohen Career Center.
- Engage with their local William & Mary Community, welcome new families, and become a resource to new and prospective parents.
PRESENT William & Mary’s vision to those inside and outside the university community.
- Attend two PFC meetings and participate in quarterly committee calls as possible.
- Advocate for William & Mary, the Parents Fund, and the Division of Student Affairs whenever possible.
- Be an ambassador for William & Mary and learn about priorities and key initiatives.
To learn more about the Parent & Family Council, please email [[w|pfcleadership]].