The Parent & Family Council (PFC) is an advisory board of parents and family members, which provides essential leadership at the College of William & Mary. PFC members participate in targeted development and outreach activities and provide philanthropic support to the College. At the biannual PFC meetings, members meet faculty and administrators in small group settings, provide helpful feedback, and learn about W&M initiatives.
Members of the Parent & Family Council:
PRESENT the College’s vision to those inside and outside the College community
- Be an ambassador and advocate for the College whenever possible.
- Host and attend parent receptions, dinners, lectures, or other gatherings in your local community.
FOSTER the education and enrichment of William & Mary students and families
- Help the College to identify and secure career opportunities (jobs, internships, shadowing) for students.
- Engage with your local William & Mary Community, welcome new families, and become a resource to new and prospective parents.
CONTRIBUTE time, talent, and treasure to support the College of William & Mary
- Make a minimum annual gift of $10,000 to the Parents Fund and consider an endowment-level gift during or after tenure on the Council.
- Encourage others to support the College by identifying, meeting, or soliciting parents who are willing to support the College.
- Attend two PFC meetings in the academic year. At the biannual PFC meetings, members meet faculty and administrators and are asked to share their opinions on College programs and initiatives