What you can expect from the TutorZone
- Individualized assistance. Your tutor will assist you with understanding course concepts, organizing and preparing for exams, comprehending material needed for assignments, and will guide you in the development of problem-solving skills.
- A respectful, experienced tutor. All tutors are trained in tutoring skills and have mastered the subject being tutored.
- Plan ahead. A tutoring appointment at the last minute before a test may not provide enough help. Students who meet with their tutors periodically throughout the semester have a better foundation of knowledge.
- Be prepared. Your tutor may not have the book or your assignment. Bring any relevant materials -books, notes, articles, homework, quizzes- to your appointment. Let the tutor know what you need help with.
- Take an active role. You should read the materials assigned to you before your tutoring appointment. A tutor is not a substitute for consultation with your professor or attendance at class lectures. Remember your professor is the first and best resource for information about course content.
What you cannot expect from the TutorZone
- An editing service. The TutorZone is not a service in which you sit back and relax while your tutor corrects your homework.
- Perfection on every test you encounter. One session is not typically enough to address every need. The goal of the tutoring appointment is to assist you with the development of independent learning and problem–solving skills in a particular subject, a process that happens gradually.