Report an Issue or Concern

We encourage you to contact us promptly with any concerns about our students. Concerns may range from possible conduct or honor violations or concerns for the general welfare of a student. You may use the following methods to report matters, and we will follow up promptly. You may also contact William & Mary Police at 757-221-4596 if you have an imminent safety concern.

If you have questions or concerns about the reporting process, you may contact the Dean of Students Office at 757-221-2510 or visit us at 109 Campus Center.

Sexual Misconduct Incident Report (Title IX)

Sexual misconduct includes sexual harassment, assault, relationship violence, and stalking.  There are two online reporting options available below. You can learn about the options to file a sexual misconduct report or complaint and find more information and resources by visiting W&M’s sexual violence website

Confidential Report for Resources and Support Only

Students should use this option to access the university's confidential support resources. Services are provided by trained staff members who are generally not required to share information with any other school official without consent.

Students who are ready to report an incident to the Title IX staff for review and possible university action should NOT use this reporting option and should use the Submit a Report for Investigation/Action link below. 

Report for Investigation or for Possible University Action

This reporting method should be used by mandatory reporters (faculty, staff and some student staff).  It should also be used by students, parents and members of the community who want to make the university’s Title IX staff aware of a situation involving sexual misconduct. You can file a report anonymously, and you can choose whether to identify any of the individuals involved (unless you are a mandatory reporter, in which case you must report what you know).  You also may file this report but request no action or no investigation on the report. 

Care Report (Student Concern)

The Dean of Students Office provides students with outreach, advocacy and support services when they face significant challenges to their mental, physical and social health. Use the university's Care Report Form if you have a concern about a student (ex: multiple absences from class, signs of student struggling, concerning behavior, etc.) that you would like to share with us.

Possible Honor Code or Student Code of Conduct Violation

The Student Conduct and Honor programs serve to maintain the university community's values and behavioral expectations of its students. Use our Incident Report Form to report a possible violation of the Honor Code or the Student Code of Conduct.

Students self-reporting to the Honor Council should not use the form above.  Use this form for self-reporting.

Other Reporting