The Dean of Students Office assists students who are requesting to adjust their final exam schedule. The final exam schedule can be found here.
Students should petition the Dean of Students Office if their request to adjust the exam schedule is based on:
- Medical circumstances (physical and psychological) verified by a healthcare professional
- International student travel complications without alternatives
- Family emergency, such as death of a close family member
- Conflict with a religious holiday/service
- Interview or training for a permanent job that cannot be rescheduled
- Interview for graduate or professional school
- Activities at which the student is formally representing the College
The Dean of Students Office has the authority to defer final examinations but can work with students and faculty under certain circumstances to reschedule examinations. Deferred exams are given during the make-up period at the beginning of the following semester. Rescheduled exams must be taken within the exam period. These petitions and policies only apply to exams that take place during the final exam period and not to research assignments that take place in lieu of an exam.