We believe that every student who wants to study in D.C. should be given the opportunity. Our goal is to fully support all demonstrated financial need for students studying in D.C. While we continue to work towards that goal, we commit to continue awarding scholarships to as many high-need applicants as possible. Please complete this brief application to help us understand your need.
To be eligible for the W&M Study in D.C. Scholarship Fund, W&M students must:
- Be accepted into a W&M Study in D.C. Opportunity
- Be a current W&M student in good standing. Seniors working/taking classes in D.C. for the summer who will then graduate in August are also eligible
- Have a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file with the W&M Office of Financial Aid
- Have all application materials submitted by the appropriate deadline
Applicants will be selected based on the following criteria:
- The overall quality, effort, and clarity of their application
- The quality of their personal statement describing the value of their experience as it relates to their educational and/or career goals
- Financial need as demonstrated by the W&M Office of Financial Aid
- Complete budget including the following:
- Expected expenses
- Expected sources of funding
- Total budget shortfall
- Budgeting guides for Study in D.C. opportunities:
Study in D.C. Scholarship Fund Quick Facts
- Award amounts range from $1,000-$8,000, depending on academic opportunity (please note, award amounts are not guaranteed).
- 80% of high need applicants have been awarded a scholarship since 2016
- 48% of medium need applicants have been awarded a scholarship since 2016
For more information on the Study in D.C. Scholarship or for questions regarding your application, please contact [[eebattle,Erin Battle]].