To be eligible for the W&M Study in DC Scholarship Fund, W&M students must:
- Be accepted into a W&M Study in DC Opportunity.
- Be a current W&M student in good standing. Seniors working/taking classes in DC for the summer who will then graduate in August are also eligible.
- Have all application materials submitted by the appropriate deadline.
Applicants will be selected based on the following criteria:
- The overall quality, effort, and clarity of their application.
- The quality of their essay describing the value of their experience as it relates to their career goals.
- Financial need as demonstrated by the W&M Financial Aid Office.
- The completeness of a budget demonstrating need for costs during the course of the respective DC academic experience.