Fall 2021 Semester
- Priority applications for the Fall 2021 DC Semester Program are now open - access the online application here!
- The application schedule is as follows:
- Priority Application Period:
- January 18, 2021 - February 15, 2021
- Second Application Period:
- March 15, 2021 - April 12, 2021
- Priority Application Period:
- Financial assistance is available for this opportunity.
- Please contact Rhys Tucker, Program Manager, with any questions.
Seniors, juniors, and exceptional sophomores from William & Mary or any accredited four-year institution may apply for the DC Semester Program.
- Learn more about eligibility and admission requirements
- Financial Assistance is available for this program.
Three-Part Application Process
- The Online Application: You will be required to create a profile and to complete a personal information section, a personal statement addressing the question: "Why is the DC Semester Program is suited for your course of study or personal interests and how do you hope to benefit from it?," and a list of potential internships in Washington, DC to which you would consider applying if you are accepted to the program.
- One Online Letter of Recommendation: Within the online application, you will be asked to enter name and email address for your reference. After inputting the recommender's information, you must click the "INVITE RECOMMENDERS" button. A link will then be sent to each recommender to upload their letter online (You can submit recommendation requests before submitting your overall application). The strongest letters will include a brief testimony from professors who know your academic skills, as well as qualities such as responsibility, analytic ability, leadership, maturity and your ability to work well with others.
- If you are a W&M student, one recommendation must come from a W&M professor. A second recommendation is optional and may come from an employer or university administrator.
- Video Interview: If you are selected to move forward in the application process, you will be asked to sign up for a 30 minute interview time slot with the DC Semester Program Manager.
Please note that all of your application materials, including recommendations, must be submitted by the deadline for your application to be complete. Your recommenders will NOT receive the link to complete your recommendation until you have submitted the request.
All prospective and current students with disabilities have the right to request accommodations from Student Accessibility Services when applying for and/or participating in Study in DC opportunities.
Application and Interview ResourcesBe sure to utilize the Cohen Career Center for assistance in creating and revising application materials, as well as preparing for a potential interview.
- Contact Program Manager [[rrtucker, Rhys Tucker]].
- Connect with a student who has already participated in our Program: Program Ambassadors
Note: If you are a non-W&M student, and you are interested in the DC Semester Program please contact [[rrtucker, Rhys Tucker]] for more details.