Proposed Policies and Regulations
Significant proposed policies, regulations and policy revisions or amendments are published here, in draft form, for campus comment, as part of W&M's Policy Program. .
Policies adopted within the past six month are highlighted below.
- The Policy Prohibiting Sexual Harassment, Gender-Based Harassment and Sexual Misconduct (previously the Policy on Sexual Harassment and Sexual Misconduct) has been amended and implemented effective 30 September 30, 2019.
- The Smoking Policy (pdf) has been updated and has expanded the definition of smoking to include e-cigarettes and vaping. The Policy is now finalized and effective July 1, 2019.
- The Financial and Administrative Policy and Procedures for Formation and Operations of Centers Policy has been implemented by the office of the Provost effective January 16, 2019. It sets forth the policies and procedures by which Centers formed to facilitate achievement of the university’s instructional, research, and outreach missions are to be organized and operated.
Policies for Review and Comment
These are policies previously proposed and being finalized, or current W&M policies that are being reviewed and may be updated, revised, or eliminated.
- The Provost office & OCE have proposed a new Policy on Protecting Minors. The purpose of this policy is to bring awareness to the presence of minors participating in university-related programs and activities on university property and in university facilities.This policy also requires university employees to report any instances of known or suspected abuse or neglect of minors as mandated by Virginia law. e policy is available for review and comment until Novemebr 20, 2019
Proposed Policies Under Development or Significant Revisions
This is a non-exhaustive list of new policies that are being drafted, considered, or planned. They may or may not come into being. If you have questions or suggestions about these policies, please contact the Office of Compliance & Equity.
- Policy on employee contact with federal and state government officials. Under development by the Office of Governmental Affairs.
- Policy on domestic travel is under development.