Significant proposed policies and policy revisions are published here, in draft form, for campus comment, as part of W&M's Policy Program.
- Access Control Policy for University Facilities. This policy supports the university’s efforts to maintain a safe and secure campus while providing necessary access to campus facilities. The policy governs how mechanical keys are issued and tracked and how access is granted to cardholders. It distinguishes the access procedures relating to academic and non-academic buildings, and access protocols for different members of the university community. This policy is available for review and comment until August 10, 2016.
Policies Under Review or Finalization
These are policies previously proposed and being finalized, or current W&M policies that are being reviewed and may be updated, revised, or eliminated.
- Interim Policy on Sexual Misconduct, Dating and Domestic Violence, and Stalking. This policy was amended by the President effective August 17, 2015, to (1) expand its application to faculty and staff and certain third parties, (2) make minor revisions to the definitions of sexual misconduct including changes to clarify the relationship of the policy definitions to VAWA offenses, (3) modify the definition of incapacitation to make it easier to understand, (4) make changes relating to the initial review of reports and employee reporting obligations, to comply with state law effective July 1, 2015, (5) update contact information and other reporting provisions, and (6) make the policy easier to read through changes to format and organization. This policy was posted for campus notice and comment until October 1, 2015, and is currently being finalized.
Policy on Financial Conflict of Interest. This policy was adopted in 1995 and has not been updated. Proposed revisions are underway.
Return to Work Policy. This policy is reviewed periodically.
Ideas for New Policies or Significant Revisions
This is a non-exhaustive list of new policies that are being drafted, considered, or planned. They may or may not come into being. If you have questions or suggestions about these policies, please contact the Office of Compliance & Equity.
- Policy on employee contact with federal and state government officials
- Lactation policy (policy relating to employees or students breastfeeding children or expressing milk). There is a website with information on pregancy and lactation rights and resources.
- Policy on hours of work and alternate work schedules
- Outside food sourcing policy (under development by Auxiliary Services)