The policies listed below are, for the most part, employment policies. There are a number of policies generally applicable to members of the W&M community that also apply to faculty when engaged in certain activities. Some examples are the weapons on campus policy and the travel regulations. These policies are organized by subject matter in the Policies & Procedures library.
Faculty engaged in research, particularly grant-sponsored research, should also study the policies collected under "Research Activities" on the Policies & Procedures library.
- Benefits (12 Month)
- Benefits (9 Month)
- Clearance Form - for departing faculty (pdf)
- Drug Free Workplace - policies on drug and alcohol use
- External Paid Employment Policy (pdf)
- Faculty Handbook (pdf)
- Faculty Retirement and Return to Work Policy (pdf)
- Financial Conflict of Interest Policy (pdf)
- Financial Conflict of Interest Procedure (applicable to conflicts arising in research context) (pdf)
- Policy on Joint Appointments (pdf)
- Return-to-Work Policy (pdf) -- policy for faculty experiencing injuries or illness including workers compensation
- Royalties (pdf)
- Scheduled Semester Research Leave - SSRL (pdf)