Application must be received by the Cohen Career Center a minimum of three weeks prior to departure unless otherwise specified. The application is available online here. Please print and complete the application and bring it to the Cohen Career Center.
Please note the following:
- Please allow enough time for application review prior to the start of your opportunity.
- The awarding of funding is determined on a rolling basis and is not guaranteed.
- There is no guarantee that a submitted application will be granted an award.
Funding is available to cover travel expenses associated with Cohen Career Center sponsored activities. Funding will support airfare, train, bus, car rental (if of age), lodging (hotel) and Cohen Career Center program fees, when applicable. No first-class or business-class travel will be reimbursed – must book basic economy. We encourage you to think thoroughly through any anticipated expenses prior to submitting for travel fund approval, as you will not be able to adjust approved expenses after the trip is completed. Please note, the following are not eligible for funding: (1) mileage for a rental or personal vehicle, (2) meals, (3) travel insurance, and (4) conferences and interviews (with the exception of the Forte annual conference), (5) additional expenses incurred during the trip that were not pre-approved on the Funding Application.
In addition, please note the following restrictions: (1) Travel funding is only applicable within 24 hours prior to the beginning of the official trip and ends the date the official trip ends, (2) If being funded for accommodations, you must stay in an approved hotel (home rental or home share accommodations will not be approved).
Reimbursement is the method of disbursement for funds. Students must submit receipts for all expenditures within 7 days after the event/trip.
Reimbursement Process is as follows (after the trip):
- Scan all of your receipts for approved expenses.
- Make sure each receipt has specific details (who, what, where, when, how many, how paid, etc.).
- Compose an e-mail that states “The attached expenses are accurate, and I give Kathy Fruncillo at the Cohen Career Center permission to file for reimbursement on my behalf”.
- Attach all the scanned receipts to that e-mail and send it to me firstname.lastname@example.org
If you cancel or fail to show after receiving or applying for travel fund money, you are fully responsible for repayment of all fees and expenses incurred. Any cancellation fees must be paid by the student. It is your responsibility to check with Financial Aid to determine if program travel funds will impact your tax status.
Total funding is limited to $2000 throughout a student's enrollment at W&M.
Rates for hotels must fall within the state per diem.
Activities that will occur after you graduate from your degree program are ineligible for funding.
Activities that have occurred prior to submitting an application are ineligible for funding.