Faculty and Staff Tribe Card

Your Faculty/Staff Tribe card gives you access to

  • Swem Library
  • W&M Rec Center
  • W&M Express
  • Academic/Administrative/Residence buildings door access is granted by your supervisor, building supervisor, W&M Sponsor or Residence Life.  (If immediate assistance is needed during non-business hours, contact Campus Police.  However, they will require verification of your access privileges.)
New Faculty/Staff

To get your Tribe Card bring your Banner ID number (930 number) and an original, current government issued photo ID (state issued drivers permit/identification card, passport or military photo ID).  Expired, damaged, scanned/copied documents, and trusted traveler cards are not accepted.  Once verfied that you are in our ID system a card will be issued.


Once a year, in the fall, the ID Office sets up at Waterman Hall temporarily to issue new cards to VIMS employess. If you miss this opportunity, you'll need to come to the ID Office at the Williamsburg campus during business hours.