In the event your Tribe Card becomes lost or damaged, you will receive a magstripe card as a replacement.
Due to a national shortage of the electronic chip used in cards such as ID and credit cards, Tribe Card Services will distribute a mix of chip and magstripe cards to incoming students. In the event your Tribe Card becomes lost or damaged, you will receive a magstripe card as a replacement.
Visit the Tribe Services website for tips on caring for your Tribe Card. Magstripe cards provide the same capabilities as a chip card, with the exception of the use of W&M Express balances in laundry facilities in Richmond, Landrum and Green & Gold Village. Until increased chip card stock is available, students are encouraged to bring quarters ($1.75 per wash/dry) for use in any laundry facility across campus. With a magstripe card students will continue to be able to:
- Access their residence hall
- Access their meal plan
- Access recreational facilities
- Access the Health Center
- Use W&M Express balances for print services in Swem Library and across campus
- Use W&M Express balances to purchase items from vending machines
- Use W&M Express balances at a variety of off-campus locations
Learn more about new and replacement Tribe Cards, including where to use your card on campus and beyond on our website.