Traveling beyond Williamsburg? Check out the ways Parking & Transportation Services can help get you where you need to be.
Airport Shuttle Service
- Parking & Transportation Services is available to provide shuttle service to and from the Richmond and Newport News airports for published breaks.
- All shuttles depart from the Sadler Center Terrace.
- Return shuttles pick up curbside at the Arrival Terminal for each airport.
- The cost per trip each way is $36 for Newport News or Richmond.
- Shuttle service is provided using 12 passenger vans or when demand increases a hired charter. We ask that passengers please pack accordingly, presume space is limited.
- Once the request form closes our transportation coordinators review the schedule, make necessary adjustments, and send out final e-mail confirmations with payment & special instructions.
- In the event of flight cancellations or delays we will work diligently to accommodate passengers on other scheduled shuttles or facilitate other ground transportation options.
- Discretionary cancellations and no-shows after final confirmatory e-mails from the transportation coordinator are provided or within 24 hours of the movement are non-refundable and billable to the traveler rather than the program sponsor.
Electronic forms to request a shuttle or reserve a seat will be posted below when they become available.
|Airport Shuttle Schedule 2019-2020|
|Event||Online Request Opens||Online Request Closes||Shuttle Departures||Shuttle Returns||Passenger Limit||Sponsor|
|Monday Nov 18, 2019 @ 8:00 am||Wednesday Dec 11, @ 12:00 pm||Saturday Dec 14, Tuesday Dec 17, Wednesday Dec 18, 2019||Monday Jan 20 & Tuesday Jan 21, 2020||No limit||Student traveler, pay as you go.|
|Spring Break||Monday Feb 3, 2020 @ 8:00 am||Friday Feb 28, 2020 @ 12:00 pm||Friday Mar 6, 2020||Sunday Mar 15, 2020||Open to first 150 signups||Student Assembly 50% share w/Rider|
Norfolk Airport Shuttles
Due to the unpredictable highway and tunnel traffic patterns we are no longer able to offer reliable/scheduled service to the Norfolk airport. Upon request we may be able to coordinate trips to the Norfolk airport, a minimum of 6 travelers are required to work in this service. Norfolk pricing depends on the number of travelers per trip (range $35-$50).
Northern Virginia Shuttles
Oleta provides a shuttle service between Kaplan Arena and the Springfield-Franconia Metro Station during school scheduled breaks. For a complete details and to make a reservation, visit Oleta directly.
Out of Cycle Trips
Students departing and returning campus at times when W&M shuttles are not available should contact one of the College's contracted services. Advance Reservations are required.
- James River Transportation - 804-342-7300
For all other Shuttle Service inquiries please contact Bill Horacio III, Director Parking & Transportation at [[wxhora]].
Other out of town transportation options include:
- Virginia Amtrak (train travel) for those needing to remain on the East Coast should look at the Northeast Regional
Student savings just got better. Now, students age 13 - 25 with a valid student ID are eligible for 15% off the lowest Value or Flexible Fare when you book your travel at least 3 days in advance. Amenities: outlets to keep you charged, up to two carry-on bags and two checked bags, free Wi-Fi. Take 25% off Amtrak fares when you book 14 days in advance!
- Greyhound buses
- Students can get 20% off Greyhound travel and 40% off shipping with the Student Advantage Discount Card (link opens in a new tab).
Both Amtrak and Greyhound depart and arrive at the Williamsburg Transportation Center.