How do I adjust my ride times if there are changes in my schedule?
The best way to adjust your schedule is to resubmit a Tribe Form (the same one you filled out when you signed up for the service).
What if I need to cancel a ride?
All you need to do is send a message in the chat letting the drivers and coordinators know which ride(s) you would like to cancel. If you don't use the app, you can contact a coordinator via phone or email.
When does the service operate?
We run from 7:30am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. There is no service on days on which classes are not held or the university is closed.
Where can the service take me?
The service operates on the main campus in Williamsburg as well as some nearby university-affiliated properties, including:
- Law School
- Ludwell Apartments
- One Tribe Place
- Richmond Hall
- School of Education
- Sorority Court
- Tribe Square
How do I become a driver?
The LMSS is one of many on- and off-campus shuttle services operated by a team of student drivers. Applicants should have the following prerequisites:
- 19 years of age or older
- Has held driver's license for at least two years
- Has a clean driving record
Does this sound like you? Contact us to set up an interview. Make sure to bring a copy of your driving record.
How do I use the GroupMe app?
As a rider, there are some things you should know before starting the service:
- Liking a message: drivers will often "like" your message in order to let you know that they saw it
- Confirming your trip: as your trip time approaches, drivers will message you to confirm your trip. You can like the message to confirm, or respond with "Cancel" in order to cancel your ride.
- Mention: it can be overwhelming to receive notifications of every message in the chat, so many riders adjust their app settings to remove some. Drivers will often mention you when confirming your ride; this will notify you regardless of your app settings. You can use the mention function by typing the "@" symbol followed by the name of the person you would like to message.
What if I no longer need the service?
Contact us to let us know so that we may remove you from the schedule. Thanks for riding with us!