The below updates to Parking & Transportation on campus are the result of many months of work by the Parking Advisory Committee reviewing and considering recommendations for improvement from the 2013 & 2019 Walker Study. These updates have been approved for implementation by Sep 1st. Additional measures designed to continue to improve the parking experience for our customers have been set aside for implementation in FY22-23.
Update 1 - Rescinds Spring 2021 Parking Adjustment - All decals return to their designated lots and allocation on campus, click here to review exceptions to know when you may move into other lots.
Update 2 - Moves Resident Student parking out of core of campus and realigns Day Commuter parking into larger collectives.
- Grad Plex residents are restricted to park on level 3 of the deck on Ukrop Way.
- Reallocate 36 Resident spaces along Landrum Dr for F/S use
- The Zable Stadium lot will change over in it's entirety to Faculty & Staff parking.
- 58 spaces have been reallocated for F/S use
Update 3 - Convert 154 spaces in designated areas for daily use by campus guests and non-affiliated visitors. These visitor areas will be managed through the use of the Passport Pay-by-phone app.
- Kaplan lots are designated as visitor parking for special events during normal business hours
- Discontinue departmental issue and use as much as possible of scratcher passes. All guests will be referred to the nearest visitor parking area.
- Discontinue set aside of parking in primary Faculty, Staff, or Student areas. Department event coordinators should contact parking when a set aside is required. These allocations will be scheduled in the nearest designated visitor area. For more information email Parked@wm.edu or Wxhora@wm.edu
- Faculty, Staff, and Students with current 21-22 decals may not park in designated visitor areas, those affiliations must park according to their appropriate decal or shorter term parking pass.
- The following areas have been designated for visitor parking (24/7/365):
- Boswell Lot - two sections, 10 spaces near Miller Hall & 15 spaces near Muscarelle Museum
- Rear Swem Lot - 18 spaces
- Compton Lot - 10 spaces (upon completion of Kaplan Arena renovation)
- Old Dominion lot - 35 spaces
- Dawson Circle - 25 spaces
- Admissions Lot - 25 spaces
- Legacy Circle - 6 spaces
- Law School Circle - 10 spaces
- School of Ed lot 6 - 21 spaces
- Dillard Complex lots - All spaces
- WATA Route 8 - is now a bi-directional W&M bus route between the Grad Complex/ Law School - Jamestown Rd - School of Business - Kaplan Arena & lots - School of Education. Use the Transit app to see when the bus will arrive at the stops along the route and show your Tribe Card to ride free of charge.