All visitors and guests to the College of William & Mary campus will have 24 hours of free access on the unencrypted wireless network once per week. Guests may request to extend access beyond the 24 hours guest period by having a W&M sponsor. Anyone with a wm.edu e-mail address may sponsor guest access. Conference attendees may ask that the conference organizer sponsor access, using the same process as a regular campus visitor.
Access & Extension Requests
Access is simple. When you (the visitor) are on campus:
- Open up a web browser, and you will be automatically directed to the network authentication page (connect.wm.edu).
- Click "I'm a guest/conference attendee" and put in your name and email address.
- Then pick between the standard 24 hours of guest access or additional access with a W&M sponsor.
- For additional access, you will enter the email address of the W&M sponsor. This must be an email address ending in "wm.edu" (@wm.edu, @email.wm.edu, @mason.wm.edu, @physics.wm.edu are all acceptable).
- Click "Submit" at the bottom of the page.
If you requested additional access, the sponsor will be sent an email with options to grant guest access for either 2 days, one week, or one month.
Sponsors: It is okay to grant more time than what is actually needed. If the guest will be on campus for 4 days, then access should be granted for one full week. The additional access time will begin automatically when you return the email.
Questions? Contact the Technology Support Center (TSC)
757-221-4357 (HELP) | firstname.lastname@example.org | Jones 201, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm