- W&M to host Oct. 22 public hearing on tuition
The William & Mary Board of Visitors will host a public hearing Oct. 22, 2019 on the university’s budget and finances, including proposed tuition for incoming in-state undergraduate students entering in Fall 2020
- W&M Campaign Steering Committee to meet Oct. 19
The Campaign Steering Committee of William & Mary will meet in Williamsburg on October 19, 2019.
- Message from Dean Douglas
William & Mary Law Dean Davison M. Douglas sent the following message to the W&M Law School community Oct. 2, 2019.
- Transition at William & Mary Law School
William & Mary Provost Peggy Agouris sent the following message to the campus community Oct. 2, 2019.
- 2019-20 priorities and a presentation of the university’s vision, mission and values statements
The 2019-20 academic year is well underway, and with it, strategic planning.
- W&M Board of Visitors to meet in Williamsburg on Sept. 25-27, 2019
The William & Mary Board of Visitors will meet in Williamsburg September 25-27, 2019
- William & Mary to test emergency siren on Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2019
William & Mary will test its emergency notification system Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2019.
- Hurricane Dorian
Sam Jones, chair of the W&M Emergency Management Team, sent the following messages to the campus community.
- Campus Safety Message
These email messages were sent to the campus community.
- W&M Board of Visitors Executive Committee to meet in Williamsburg August 28
The Executive Committee of the William & Mary Board of Visitors will meet in Williamsburg on August 28 in the Board Conference Room on the third floor of Blow Memorial Hall, located at 262 Richmond Road.
- William & Mary Washington Center establishes advisory board
The William & Mary Washington Center has formed an advisory board to provide strategic guidance for the center’s programs, furthering their positive impact on students, faculty and alumni.
- Notice to campus community
Kate Conley, dean of the Faculty of Arts & Sciences, has decided to step down from her position at the end of the 2019-20 academic year to more fully focus on teaching as professor of French and Francophone Studies.
- Message to W&M colleagues
William & Mary Provost Peggy Agouris sent the following message to the campus community Aug. 13, 2019
- Message on Judith Ewell
Judith Ewell, Newton Family Professor of History, Emerita, passed away after a long illness on July 29, 2019.
- W&M Board of Visitors to hold retreat July 24-25
The William & Mary Board of Visitors will hold a retreat on July 24-25, 2019 in the Webb Conference Room at Troutman Sanders, located at 222 Central Park Avenue, Suite 2000 in Virginia Beach.
- W&M Board of Visitors' Committees to meet July 16
The Richard Bland College Committee and the Executive Committee of the Board of Visitors will meet on Tuesday, July 16, 2019, in the W&M Richmond Office, located in the Virginia Credit Union League Building at 108 North 8th Street.
- A remarkable year at William & Mary
I invite you to look back at the 2018-2019 school year in the attached video, which captures the abundant creativity of our university.
- Message on Gamble McAllister Sisson
Gamble McAllister ("Mac") Sisson, who spent more than 30 years as a researcher at William & Mary's Virginia Institute of Marine Science, died June 12, 2019.
- UPDATE: West Utility Plant - Road Closure
Due to construction at the West Utility Plant, Ukrop Way from the Parking Deck to Landrum Dr. will be closed to general traffic from May 20 to Aug. 15, 2019. Adjacent sidewalks will also be closed. Parking Deck and Adair Gym will remain open. Additional restrictions will be in place at DuPont Bridge from June 10 thru July 24.
- Statement by William & Mary President Katherine A. Rowe
William & Mary President Katherine A. Rowe released a statement regarding the June 18 announcement that Colonial Williamsburg CEO and President Mitchell B. Reiss will be stepping down in October 2019.
- Message on Carl Richard Dolmetsch
Professor Emeritus of English, Carl Richard Dolmetsch Jr., an educator, author, journalist and longtime resident of Williamsburg, died June 7, 2019.
- William & Mary to test emergency siren June 19
William & Mary will test its emergency notification system Wednesday, June 19, 2019.
- Statement by W&M President Katherine A. Rowe
William & Mary President Katherine A. Rowe released the following statement on the mass shooting in Virginia Beach.
- Reflecting on 2018/19 and a game plan for strategic planning
As we wrap up the academic year and look forward to Commencement, I write to share my gratitude for an amazing year together and sketch some of our plans for the year to come.
- W&M Board of Visitors to meet in Williamsburg April 24 to 26
W&M Board of Visitors to Meet on April 24-26.
- Potential Severe Weather
W&M Emergency Management Team Chair alerts campus to potential weather threat and urges caution for travelers.
- Campus safety message
Maj. Don Butler sent the following message to the campus community April 5, 2019.
- Message on Edward A. Remler
Edward A. Remler, Professor of Physics, Emeritus, passed away on March 30, 2019.
- Campus forum to be held April 3
A campus forum will be held April 3 at 3:30 p.m. in the Sadler Center’s Tidewater Room.
- Statements from W&M leaders
Statements from W&M President Katherine A. Rowe, Athletics Director Samantha Huge and Head Football Coach Mike London on the tragic death of W&M student Nate Evans.
- Notice to the community
W&M Vice President for Student Affairs Ginger Ambler sent the following messages to the campus community.
- W&M Board of Visitors to receive public comment on tuition and fees March 28
The William & Mary Board of Visitors will host a public comment session on university’s budget priorities, including proposed tuition and fee ranges for the 2019-20 academic year (FY 2020).
- Message on Robin Rennie
Robin Rennie passed away during the evening of Monday, March 18, 2019.
- General Assembly Budget Update
William & Mary President Katherine A. Rowe sent the following message to the campus community Feb. 28, 2019.
- Call for entries: 2019 student communication awards
William & Mary annually recognizes student journalism with one scholarship and one award.
- February 2019 BOV personnel resolutions
The William & Mary Board of Visitors approved several personnel resolutions at its February 2019 meeting.
- Thursday night incident
This message was sent to the campus community by Emergency Management Team Chair Sam Jones on Feb. 22, 2019.
- Wintry weather
Sam Jones, chair of the W&M Emergency Management Team, sent the following message to the campus community Feb. 19, 2019.
- Message on William W. Van Alstyne
William W. Van Alstyne, one of the nation's foremost constitutional law scholars and W&M's Lee Professor of Law from 2004 to 2012, died on Jan. 29.
- Charter Day and recent events
William & Mary President Katherine A. Rowe sent the following message to the campus community
- Test of the W&M Emergency Notification System on Jan. 30
William & Mary will conduct a test of its emergency warning and mass notification systems Jan. 30, 2019, at 12:15 p.m.
- Weather: Conditions on Monday
Sam Jones, chair of the W&M Emergency Management Team, sent the following message to the campus community Jan. 18, 2019.
- Thinking Forward: Next Steps
I begin my second semester as president energized by the lively conversations we have shared over the past six months.
- Message on Roy Williams
Sam Jones, senior vice president for finance and administration, sent the following message on the passing of Roy Williams to the campus community on Jan. 16, 2019.
- Message on Ruth Kernodle
Provost Michael R. Halleran sent the following message regarding the passing of Ruth Kernodle to the campus community on Jan. 15, 2019.
- Information on Winter Storm Gia
The W&M Emergency Management Team sent the following messages to the campus community regarding Winter Storm Gia.
- April 2019 BOV personnel resolutions
The William & Mary Board of Visitors approved several personnel resolutions at its April 2019 meeting.