- W&M Board of Visitors to meet Sept. 26-28
The William & Mary Board of Visitors will meet in Williamsburg on Sept. 26-28, 2018.
- Rescheduled: Test of the W&M Emergency Notification System
The test of the university’s emergency warning and mass notification systems has been rescheduled for 12:15 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 20, 2018.
- Hurricane Florence
The W&M Emergency Management Team sent the following messages regarding Hurricane Florence to the campus community.
- Message on Ronald Hoffman
Ronald Hoffman, who retired as Director of the Omohundro Institute of Early American History & Culture and Professor of History in 2013, passed away Sept. 4.
- News about Provost Michael R. Halleran
Provost Michael R. Halleran will step down at the end of the 2018-2019 academic year to resume his career as teacher and scholar in the Department of Classical Studies.
- Competition for Memorial to African-Americans Enslaved by William & Mary
Today, the university launches a competition soliciting conceptual ideas for a memorial to African-American people enslaved by William & Mary.
- Thinking Forward: Share your thoughts about W&M
William & Mary President Katherine A. Rowe sent the following message to the William & Mary community Aug. 21, 2018.
- Statement on Bill Cosby's honorary degree
The William & Mary Board of Visitors voted today to rescind the honorary Master of Arts degree awarded to Bill Cosby in 1993.
- Message on the passing of Nancy Marshall
Nancy Marshall, former dean of university libraries at William & Mary, passed away on July 22.
- William & Mary Board of Visitors to hold retreat Aug. 9-10, 2018
The purpose of the meeting is to serve as the annual planning retreat for members of the Board.
- TribeAlert: runaway juvenile
W&M Police sent the following message to the campus community July 18, 2018.
- Message on the passing of Robert 'Bert' A. Ross
Robert “Bert” A. Ross of Toano, Virginia, passed away July 13, 2018.
- Aviation incident near Dillard
There has been an aviation incident in the residential area near Dillard Complex.
- A message from President Rowe
President Katherine A. Rowe sent the following message to the William & Mary community July 2, 2018.
- Swearing in of W&M's 28th president
On behalf of the William & Mary Board of Visitors, it is my pleasure to invite you to join us for the historic moment when Katherine A. Rowe is sworn in as our 28th president.
- Final message from Rector Stottlemyer and President Reveley
A final message from Rector Todd Stottlemyer and President Taylor Reveley sent to the campus community June 30, 2018.
- Notice regarding Henry Aceto Jr.
Henry Aceto Jr. of Williamsburg passed away peacefully on June 28, 2018, at the age of 82.
- W&M to test emergency siren on Wednesday, June 20, 2018
The university tests its emergency siren each semester and over the summer. The summer test will be June 20 at 12:15 p.m.
- Financial report
W&M President Taylor Reveley sent the following message to faculty and staff May 16, 2018.
- TribeAlert: Robbery
The following TribeAlert was sent to the campus community May 5, 2018.
- Statement on Charles Steger
A statement from William & Mary President Taylor Reveley on the passing of Dr. Charles Steger, president emeritus of Virginia Tech.
- April 2018 BOV personnel resolutions
The William & Mary Board of Visitors approved several personnel resolutions at its April 2018 meeting.
- Campus health notice
Vice President for Student Affairs Ginger Ambler and Director of the Student Health Center Virginia Wells sent the following messages to the campus community.
The Emergency Management Team sent the following messages to the campus community April 14, 2018.
- W&M Board of Visitors to meet April 18-20
The William & Mary Board of Visitors will meet in Williamsburg on April 18-20, 2018.
- Message on Monica Potkay
Monica Potkay, associate professor in the Department of English, passed away on April 6.
- W&M Committee on Nominations to meet April 6
The Committee on Nominations of the Board of Visitors will meet in Fairfax, Va. on Friday, April 6, 2018.
- W&M Board to meet in April to consider tuition and fees
The William & Mary Board of Visitors is expected to take action on tuition and mandatory fees for all in-state and out-of-state students at its April 20, 2018, meeting.
- College and University
William & Mary President Taylor Reveley sent a message to the campus community regarding the university style guide.
- Strong wind advisory
The National Weather Service is predicting strong winds for the Williamsburg area tonight into Sunday morning, at times expected to reach 40+ mph.
- Message on Lizbeth A.S. Jackson
Lizbeth A.S. Jackson, associate dean for administration at W&M Law School, passed away on Feb. 27.
- Statement on domicile status application processes
This statement from Associate Provost and University Registrar Sallie Marchello is in response to a Feb. 26 column in the Washington Post critical of Virginia domicile status procedures at three public universities including William & Mary.
- Statement from Tim Wolfe, dean of admission
Associate Provost for Enrollment and Dean of Admission Tim Wolfe released this statement regarding prospective students who participate in peaceful protests such as National School Walkout Day.
- Rector's message on W&M's 28th president
Rector Todd A. Stottlemyer ‘85 sent an email to the William & Mary community Feb. 20, 2018, to announce the university's 28th president.
- Call for entries: 2018 student communication awards
Applications are now being accepted for the 2018 Rex Smith Scholarship and W. Wilford Kale, Jr. Journalism Award.
- W&M Board of Visitors to meet Feb. 20
The William & Mary Board of Visitors will meet in Williamsburg on Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2018.
- February 2018 BOV personnel resolutions
The William & Mary Board of Visitors approved several personnel resolutions at its February 2018 meeting.
- Message on Armand J. Galfo
Armand J. Galfo, Heritage Professor of Education, Emeritus, died Saturday, Feb. 10, 2018.
- Message on Wagih Dafashy
Professor Wagih Dafashy passed away Feb. 2 after nearly five decades as a faculty member in the business school.
- W&M Board of Visitors to meet on Feb. 7-10
The William & Mary Board of Visitors will meet in Williamsburg on Feb. 7-10, 2018.
- William & Mary to test emergency siren on Jan. 31
William & Mary will test its emergency notification system Wednesday, Jan. 31, 2018.
- W&M Board of Visitors to meet January 29
The William & Mary Board of Visitors will meet briefly in Williamsburg on Monday, Jan. 29, 2018.
- Snow-related closing
The Emergency Management Team sent the following messages to the campus community Jan. 16-17, 2018.
- Winter storm updates
The Emergency Management Team sent the following messages about winter weather to the campus community Jan. 3-5, 2018.