Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs
A&S’s Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs (OUAA) combines the work of academic advising plus fellowships and scholarships. With continued consultation with faculty, we offer comprehensive support for students across the spectrum of advising, from matriculation to post-graduate fellowships. We also provide support for faculty advisors and help connect students with resources across campus.
Meet with an Advisor in the OUAA
Drop-in Academic Advising (available during the academic year on Thursdays from 1:00-3:00 p.m.) Drop-in with a professional advisor is not meant to last more than 15 minutes. (Drop-in advising is not available for fellowships.)
Common Drop-in Advising questions may be about:
- Determining which form or petition to complete
- Quick review of current course registration
- Getting a list of potential fellowship opportunities
- Graduation requirements check for seniors in their final semester
- If you have a questions/concern and aren’t sure where to go for support/consultation
In-Person & Virtual Advising Appointments:
If you think you may need more time to get your questions answered, please schedule a full advising appointment by clicking on the "make an appointment" boxes below.
Some common topics for an advising appointment (typically 30 minutes) are:
- Long-term academic planning
- Drafting a petition
- Learn about national fellowships
- Planning a self-designed major
- Identify curricular and co-curricular opportunities to further your academic goals
Make an appointment for academic advisingMake an appointment for fellowship advising
For additional information, call 757-221-2476, or email [[academicaffairs]].
Peer Advisor Support for Continuing Students
Want to get a peer's perspective on academic life at William & Mary? Read more about our program and schedule an appointment to meet with a Peer Advisor soon.