Fredericksburg & Spotsylvania National Military Park
During the Fall 2020 semester, NIAHD and the Fredericksburg & Spotsylvania National Military Park began a partnership that includes a summer internship for a William & Mary student in NIAHD’s Program in Material Culture & Public History.
Located in Fredericksburg, Virginia, the Fredericksburg & Spotsylvania National Military Park includes the following historic sites:
Historic Sites at FSNMP
- Fredericksburg Battlefield
- Chancellorsville Battlefield
- Wilderness Battlefield
- Spotsylvania Court House Battlefield
- Chatham Manor (historic plantation & Union headquarters)
- Ellwood (historic plantation & field hospital)
- Stonewall Jackson Death Site
- Salem Church (historic church, field hospital, & battlefield)
The NIAHD intern at Fredericksburg & Spotsylvania National Military Park will work with members of the Fredericksburg & Spotsylvania staff to learn about the park’s history, develop their tours of sites at the park, and gain experience speaking with visitors.
NIAHD-Fredericksburg & Spotsylvania NMP Interns