The Virginia Area Linguistics (VALING) Conference
Hosted virtually by William & Mary
Saturday, April 17, 2021
VALING is a research conference dedicated to promoting the study of linguistics by undergraduates in Virginia and the Mid-Atlantic area. Research in any linguistic discipline is welcome, including phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, pragmatics, field work, sociolinguistics, psycholinguistics, language acquisition, etc. We hope to have a wide range of topics and voices represented.
The conference will be hosted virtually by William & Mary. The format will involve a series of full 20-min talks and 5-min "micro talks" (poster equivalent) organized by topic, and a keynote talk by the invited speaker.
Registration is FREE for all participants! (including presenters and attendees).
Katie Carmichael (Virginia Tech)
We are currently accepting abstracts for full 20-min talks and 5-min "micro talks" (poster equivalent). You can indicate your preference on the submission page. The deadline for abstract submission is Monday, March 1, 2021.
- Single page, 500 words maximum
- 11 pt. Arial font
- Single spaced
- A second page for graphs, figures, and references allowed
- Examples should be interspersed in text
Submit your abstract here: https://www.wm.edu/as/linguistics/valing/submission
Registration is free for all participants (including presenters and attendees). Registration will open Monday, March 15, 2021.
- Abstract submission deadline: Monday, March 1, 2021
- Notification of acceptance: Monday, March 15, 2021
- Registration opens: Monday, March 15, 2021
- Registration deadline: Friday, April 16, 2021
- Conference: Saturday, April 17, 2021