From the time they take their first history course until graduation, students of history have many opportunities to explore the discipline outside the campus classroom. History students
- Inform their understanding of foreign events by studying abroad,
- Explore different career paths by completing internships,
- Use the resources and counseling provided by the History Writing Resource Center,
- Participate in the history honor society, Phi Alpha Theta, and
- Demonstrate acheivement by winning awards.
Some history students begin their studies away from William & Mary. Test and transfer credits may be used to fulfill some of the major requirements.