The College confers degrees in August, January, and May of each year. The commencement ceremony is in May. Degree recipients of the previous August and January are recognized at, and invited to attend, the following May ceremony. The Office of Graduate Studies and Research has thirty (30) days from the actual date of degree conferral to submit final paperwork to the College Registrar for degree certification. Diplomas are issued approximately fifteen (15) days after degree certification.
Graduate Arts & Sciences students must for apply for graduation using the Notice of Candidacy Form. At the time of the submission of this form, a one-time, non-refundable Graduation Fee of $85.00 will be charged to your student account. One calendar year ahead of your graduation year you are requested to complete the form.
- Complete your thesis or dissertation according to the physical standards.
- Have your thesis or dissertation printed.
- Complete the Survey of Earned Doctorates Form (Ph.D candidates only)
- Complete the Proquest Dissertation Publishing Agreement form(s)
- Look over the Prepare for Commencement website. Note that there are separate instructions for Master's and Doctoral graduates.