March 30-31, 2023
William & Mary invites interested scholars from W&M, VIMS, and other Virginia universities to present at the Graduate & Honors Research Symposium hosted by the Arts & Sciences Graduate Center and W&M's Charles Center for Academic Excellence. The Symposium will be held in the Sadler Center, March 30-31, 2023 (Thursday & Friday). This distinctive educational and networking event encourages interdisciplinary exchange, bringing together students from the sciences and the humanities at William & Mary and other surrounding regional universities. Check out our past symposia programs to get a sense of the event.
There are none! Registration fees for this event are being waived for 2023. However, participants are responsible for any travel-related expenses, as well as costs associated with printing research posters for presentation.
Draft Event Schedule (updated Jan. 26):
Thursday, March 30
- Research Talks, 9:30-11:45 a.m. (organized into 1-hour concurrent sessions)
- Lunch break, 12:00-1:15 p.m.
- Research Talks, 1:30-4:30 p.m. (organized into 1-hour concurrent sessions)
- 3MT Competition, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Research Talks, 9:00-11:15 a.m. - 3:45 p.m. (organized into 1-hour concurrent sessions)
- Awards Luncheon, 11:30 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.
- Research Talks, 1:30-3:45 p.m. (organized into 1-hour concurrent sessions)
- Honors ePoster Sessions, 1:30-3:45 p.m. (organized into 1-hour concurrent sessions)
- Poster Session & Networking Reception, 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- November 4, 2022: First Call for Abstracts.
- December 11, 2022: Abstract submission deadline at 11:59 p.m. (ET).
- December 19, 2022: Notification of abstract acceptance/rejection and First Call for Award Paper Submissions.
- January 23, 2023: Award Paper submission deadline, 11:59 p.m. (ET).
- March 10, 2023: Deadline to register to participate.
- March 30-31, 2023: Graduate & Honors Research Symposium!