2023 Graduate & Honors Research Symposium
March 30-31, 2023
Join us! We welcome members of the W&M community to attend this year's Symposium. This year we highlight the "and" in Arts & Sciences, bringing together Graduate and Honors students from across the disciplines. Our theme is represented by the ampersand in our university's name.
Attending the Symposium? Please RSVP using this form.
The Graduate & Honors Research Symposium is hosted by the Arts & Sciences Graduate Center and W&M's Charles Center for Academic Excellence. The Symposium will be held in the Sadler Center, March 30-31, 2023 (Thursday & Friday). This distinctive educational and networking event encourages interdisciplinary exchange, bringing together students from the sciences and the humanities at William & Mary and other surrounding regional universities. Check out our past symposia programs to get a sense of the event.
Download the Symposium Abbreviated Schedule & Program here. (.pdf; current as of March 22, 2023)
View the full GHRS Online Program here for presenter abstracts and more detail.
Schedule of Events
Thursday, March 30
- Research Talks, 9:30-11:45 a.m. (1-hour concurrent sessions)
- Lunch break, 12:00-1:00 p.m.
- Research Talks, 1:00-4:30 p.m. (1-hour concurrent sessions)
- 3MT Competition, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Research Talks, 9:00-11:15 a.m. (1-hour concurrent sessions)
- Awards Luncheon, 11:30 a.m. - 1:15 p.m., RSVP Required
- Research Talks, 1:30-3:45 p.m. ( 1-hour concurrent sessions)
- Honors ePoster Sessions, 1:30-3:45 p.m.
- Poster Session & Networking Reception, 3:30-5:30 p.m.
There are none! Registration fees for this event are being waived for 2023. However, presenters are responsible for any travel-related expenses, as well as costs associated with printing research posters for presentation.
- November 4, 2022: First Call for Abstracts.
- December 11, 2022: Abstract submission deadline at 11:59 p.m. (ET).
- December 19, 2022: Notification of abstract acceptance/rejection and First Call for Award Paper Submissions.
- January 23, 2023: Award Paper submission deadline, 11:59 p.m. (ET).
- March 10, 2023: Deadline to register to participate.
- March 30-31, 2023: Graduate & Honors Research Symposium!