GRS Paper Awards
Students whose abstracts are accepted for presentation at the Graduate Research Symposium are eligible to submit a paper for award consideration in their respective category. There are two categories of award: one for William & Mary students and one for Visiting Students, which includes VIMS students. Within these categories, awards are grouped by discipline (i.e., Humanities and Social Sciences; Natural and Computational Sciences).
The intent of these awards is to acknowledge the intellectual, creative, and cooperative research work of graduate students presenting research at the Symposium. These awards acknowledge students whose paper shows:
- Original investigation and the integration of knowledge, and
- Distinguished excellence in scholarship through potential contribution to the discipline and recognition by peers.
GRS Paper Awards carry a monetary award.
VIMS students should apply for awards under the Visiting Student category.
Students who present posters at the Graduate Research Symposium are eligible for the $100 "People's Choice" poster award. The poster session will take place Friday afternoon, 3:30-5:30 p.m. Those in attendance at the Poster Session are given ballots to select the best over-all poster based on the following criteria:
- Presenter summarized study clearly and answered questions well
- Project objectives were clearly outlined with clearly stated questions or hypothesis
- Effective overall aesthetic/organization of poster