Each year, students from all majors submit their best work for our annual Student Literary Awards. They are judged first by a panel of creative writing faculty members, and then the top choices in each genre category are ranked by esteemed outside judges. In April, during the final weeks of classes, winners are invited to read from their work before their peers and the gathered faculty. First, second, and third prize winners are awarded a cash prize.
Here are this year's winners:
The Goronwy Owen Prize in Poetry (Group of Poems)
- First: Bella Milliman, Breaking Down in an Imperative Mood
- Second: Jenna Massey, Three Vignettes
- Third: Alexander Lazarus Wolff, Five Poems
The Glenwood Clark Prize in Fiction
- First: Abby Comey, "When the Sun Killed the Moon"
- Second: Adithi Ramakrishnan, "The Unraveling"
- Third: Delaney Bond, "Buttercup Field"
The Academy of American Poets Prize (Single Poem)
- First: Jenna Massey, "Spring at the College"
- Second: Alexander Lazarus Wolff, "Having It Out with Anorexia"
- Third: Abby Comey, "Currency Exchange"
The Tiberius Gracchus Jones Prize for Nonfiction
- First: Andrew Hoffman, "Someone You Know"
- Second: Percival Skalski, "A World of Memories"
- Third: JR Herman, "The Valedictory Address You'll Never Hear"
The Howard Scammon Prize for Drama/Screenwriting
- First: Jarius Alexander, Buddies with Baron
- Second: Jenna Massey, Like Hunger
- Third: Hallie Jane Feinman, Biting Flies
X.C. Atkins, Jung Hae Chae, Alicia Mountain, Glenn North, Nate Waggoner