Welcome to the 2022 William & Mary Student Literary Awards! Every year, the faculty of the Creative Writing program looks forward to reading your creative work and marveling at the range and breadth of writing that occurs at William & Mary.
This year's submissions period will open on March 4, 2022. All entries should be submitted via the relevant category form. Forms will be made available on March 4. All entries must be submitted by 11:59 pm ET on March 25, 2022.
Submit by Categories
To submit your work, click a category below and fill out the relevant form. Each form contains all submission instructions for that category.
Please note: Only one entry is allowed per student per category. But remember: you're welcome to enter all five categories!
- Single Poem
- Group of Poems (3-5 pieces)
- Creative Nonfiction
Basic Awards Details
- The Student Literary Awards are open to all W&M undergraduate students.
- All entrants may submit one entry per category. Please do not submit more than one entry in any category. If you do, only the first entry received for that category will be considered.
- Your name should not appear within your manuscript. Judging is anonymous.
- You’re welcome to submit work that has appeared in student publications.
- You do not need to write a cover letter or bio. No judges will see it.
- If you need to withdraw a submission, there's no need to give a reason. Please email your withdrawal request to [[arblossom]].
Finalists & Awards Details
Finalists will be notified by April 11, 2022. Please note: We will be unable to notify every awards entrant of their status at that time. Just the finalists.
Winners will be announced during a live awards ceremony on Thursday, April 28, 2022.
First place winners in each category will receive $200. Second place winners will receive $100. Third place winners will receive $50. The top three entries in each category will also be published in a year-end anthology booklet, with synopses published for each dramatic work.
Please contact awards coordinator Andrew Blossom: firstname.lastname@example.org