The purpose of this grant is to promote collaborative research between faculty and undergraduate students in the Economics department. The grant is intended to promote serious undergraduate research rather than provide funding for general undergraduate research assistance. The department will only consider projects where the student plays a significant role in both development and execution. The expectation is that work funded through a research grant will be undertaken during the summer of 2018 or during the 2018-19 academic year. The Call for Proposal [pdf] contains all the application components needed for submission.
- Janaury-February 2018: Students should discuss possible projects with potential faculty mentors.
- February, 2018: Grant-writing workshop, TBD, offered by Professor Parman. Attendance is optional but encouraged.
- March, 2018: Applications are due. Only completed applications will be accepted.
- March, 2018: Grant recipients will be notified by email.
- September 14, 2018: Recipients should submit a 1,000 to 1,500 word report detailing the status of their research project.
Direct all questions to Professor [[jmparman, John Parman]].