The purpose of this grant is to promote collaborative research between faculty and undergraduate students in the Economics department. The grant is intended to promote serious undergraduate research rather than provide funding for general undergraduate research assistance. The department will only consider projects where the student plays a significant role in both development and execution. The expectation is that work funded through a research grant will be undertaken during the summer of 2018 or during the 2018-19 academic year. The Call for Proposal [pdf] contains all the application components needed for submission.
- Janaury-February 2018: Students should discuss possible projects with potential faculty mentors.
- February 15, 2018: Grant-writing workshop, 5:30PM Tyler 228, offered by Professor Parman. Attendance is optional but encouraged.
- February 27, 2018 and March 12, 2018: Office hours with Professor Parman from 12:00-2:00PM, Tyler 254. He will answer questions regarding the grant and provide comments on draft proposals.
- March 15, 2018: Applications are due. Only completed applications will be accepted.
- March 20, 2018: Grant recipients will be notified by email.
- September 15, 2018: Recipients should submit a 1,000 to 1,500 word report detailing the status of their research project.
Direct all questions to Professor [[jmparman, John Parman]].