The purpose of this grant is to promote collaborative research between faculty and undergraduate students in the Economics department. The grant is intended to promote serious undergraduate research rather than provide funding for general undergraduate research assistance. The department will only consider projects where the student plays a significant role in both development and execution. The expectation is that work funded through a research grant will be undertaken during the summer of 2019 or during the 2019-20 academic year. The Call for Proposal [pdf] contains all the application components needed for submission.
- Early March: Students should discuss possible projects with potential faculty mentors
- March 12 and March 19: Professor Parman will hold open office hours from 11am to 1pm, Tyler 254 to answer questions regarding the grant and to provide comments on drafts of proposals
- March 20: Initial review of applications, all applications received by this date will receive full consideration of funding
- March 21 through April 19: Rolling application window will be open, applications will be considered on an ongoing basis if funds remain available
- September 15: Recipients should submit a 1,000 to 1,500-word report detailing the status of their research project
Direct all questions to Professor [[jmparman, John Parman]].