Since March 2020 our community has been disrupted by significant adjustments in the workplace and in our personal lives. In so many ways our faculty, staff, and students have stepped up to meet these challenges and to care for one another. We will continue to address these challenges together.
- Weekly Friday emails from Dean Donoghue Velleca update A&S faculty and staff.
- The Dean meets regularly with various advisory groups to seek advice and feedback (e.g., A&S staff, graduate and undergraduate students, NTE faculty).
- In Spring 2021 the Faculty Affairs Committee re-convenes the Faculty of Arts & Sciences on February 2, with future meetings scheduled as usual for the first Tuesday of each month. Agendas, minutes, and related documents are posted to the FAS website.
- As events unfold throughout the semester, the Dean will convene town hall meetings and listening sessions.
- The Dean's Office invites faculty, staff, and graduate and undergraduate students to ask questions and share comments and suggestions. We've provided a Dialogue response form that will direct your feedback to the A&S leadership. We will respond to the best of our ability: directly, in the Dean's weekly emails, and through the various forums established within Arts & Sciences.
At an information session held March 12, Dean Donoghue Velleca presented a plan for restructuring the Dean's Office and solicited comments and feedback:
Note: For information specific to the university's pandemic responses and policies, we suggest you consult the COVID-19 Response web pages. You can also submit a question or comment directly to the W&M response team.