It is recommended that students seeking to minor in Data Science declare before registering for classes during the second semester of junior year.
Steps to Enroll
- Download the Declaration of Academic Minor form.
- Select which one course you will take to fulfill the Data Science deliberation requirement, and add it to the form. This can include DATA 150, PHIL 215, PHIL 303, or PHIL 330.
- All students must take CSCI 140 or CSCI 141, DATA 146, and DATA 310.
- Students should select two or more of the pedagogic pillars of the Data Science program (Computation, Application, Communication, Deliberation), and have a focus on the analysis of temporal, spatial, or numerical data. It is suggested that students take this requirement within their home major department when feasible. Some example courses include GIS 201, GIS 405, GIS 410, GIS 420, MATH 211, MATH 351, MATH 352, CSCI 241, CSCI 243, CSCI 343, ECON 308, ECON 331, ECON 407, ECON 408 (although this is not an exhastive list). Courses chosen are approved by the student's advisor, and should have a quantitative focus.
- Once your paperwork has been signed by your advisor and the Data Science program director ([[w|mleu]]), bring it to the registrar to finalize your declaration.