It is recommended that students seeking to minor in Data Science declare before registering for classes during the second semester of junior year.
Steps to Enroll
- Download the Declaration of Academic Minor form.
- Select which one course you will take to fulfill the Data Science deliberation requirement, and add it to the form. This can include DATA 202, PHIL 215, PHIL 303, or PHIL 330.
- All students must take CSCI 140 or CSCI 141, DATA 146, and DATA 310.
- Students should select two or more courses consistent with the pedagogic pillars of the Data Science program (Computation, Application, Communication, Deliberation), and have a focus on the analysis of temporal, spatial, or numerical data. Preferentially, students fulfill this requirement within their home major department when feasible. Some example courses include DATA 211, DATA 311, DATA 330, DATA 340, DATA 431, DATA 440, DATA 442, GIS 201, GIS 405, GIS 410, GIS 420, MATH 211, MATH 351, MATH 352, CSCI 241, CSCI 243, CSCI 343, ECON 308, ECON 331, ECON 407, ECON 408 (although this is not an exhaustive list). Courses chosen should be approved by the student's advisor, and should have a quantitative focus.
- Once your paperwork has been signed by either the Data Science program director (Matthias Leu, [[w|mleu]]), or the Data Science Director of Undergraduate Studies (Jaime Settle, [[w|jsettle]]) bring it to the registrar to finalize your declaration.