Thanks to the generosity of Carol and Robert Woody, the College has established the Woody Internship Scholarships in Museum Studies. The gift will provide funds for students with an interest in museum administration an opportunity to intern and conduct research at a respected museum that exhibits art, historical materials, etc. to the public.
All interns will receive $3,000 to complete ten full-time weeks of intern and research activities during Summer 2018. All applications must be submitted to the Charles Center for Academic Excellence, Blow 254, no later than Wednesday, February 28, 2018. A committee comprised of campus and museum representatives will then select a student for each internship, with decisions finalized by the end of March.
Below are the general application requirements. You can find more information in the links provided below including expected duties and qualifications for each internship.
- Applicant must be a student in good academic standing
- Applicant must be a continuing undergraduate student (i.e., not a graduating senior)
- Internships will have a research component with specifics to be arranged with the internship supervisor. Students receiving internship funding are required to blog about their research experience during the summer on the Charles Center Summer Research Blog.
- All recipients will present their research at the Charles Center's annual Summer Research Showcase in the fall of 2018.
- Woody Internship Cover Sheet
- Letter of application (see cover sheet for more information)
- Writing Sample
- Banner Transcript
- one letter of recommendation from a faculty member and an additional name for the selection committee to contact as a reference
The following internship opportunities are available for Summer 2018. Please read through the descriptions of the internships carefully before starting the application process.
- J. Paul Getty Museum in Los Angeles, California
- The Phillips Collection in Washington DC
- Colonial Williamsburg Foundation in Williamsburg, Virginia
- Winterthur Museum, Garden & Library in Winterthur, Delaware
For more information or questions about the internship program, please contact Chelsie Craddock at email@example.com