Alumni Prizes: one for Cell & Molecular Biology, one for Organismal BiologyThese competitive awards, which are sponsored by the Alumni Association, are given annually to graduating biology majors who are nominated by their faculty mentors and meet the requirements listed below.
Award: $500 for each student.
Requirements for Nomination:
- Nominee must be a senior
- Nominee must be engaged in their biology education through research, mentoring, or other activities
- Nominee must have an excellent academic record
- Nominee should exhibit enthusiasm, dedication, independence, leadership and other qualities indicating she or he is likely to be a good ambassador for both scholarship and science
- Nominees likely to have a career in the biological sciences will be favored
Material to Submit:
- Statement by the student on their achievements and how their liberal arts education in biology has influenced their future career plans.
- Copy of student’s resume, including details about (prepared by the student)
a) research and travel grant
b) presentations (incl. name of conference, location, date, etc)
c) publications (full citations)
d) post graduation plans
e) other awards or relevant information
- Two letters of support