Founded in 2003 by biology professors Dan Cristol and John Swaddle, iibbs (pronounced ibis) is an integrative research and educational institute that brings together biology, mathematics, economics, and philosophy to understand the interactions of birds and society.
Achievements of iibbs
Since 2003, iibbs faculty have:
- Published more than 75 research articles in some of the leading science journals (including Science, Environmental Science and Technology, Proceedings of the Royal Society, Scientific Reports, and PLoS One) all with undergraduate and/or graduate student co-authors
- Provided significant research experiences for more than 150 undergraduates
- Trained more than 40 graduate students
- Placed students in leading graduate programs and impactful research jobs with government agencies and private companies
- Attracted millions of dollars of external funding from federal, corporate, and private sources