The class visit program is designed to supplement our Information Sessions & Tours during the academic year. By sitting in on a real William & Mary class, students can experience first hand why William & Mary consistently ranks among the nation's top universities in commitment to undergraduate teaching. Due to the small nature of so many of our classes, visit opportunities are limited and only classes with available seats will appear on the registration page. Class Visit registration for the Spring 2018 semester will be available in late January.
Class visits at William & Mary
There are several, pre-approved class sessions offered Monday through Friday during the academic year. The below classes are available for students in Spring 2018:
- Mondays: TBA
- Tuesdays: TBA
- Wednesdays: TBA
- Thursdays: TBA
- Fridays: TBA
To find available classes when registration is available, click "register now" to search by class visit and date. On the date of your arrival, you will need to check-in at the Undergraduate Admission Office (116 Jamestown Road) before your class visit to receive your classroom location and helpful information on classroom etiquite at William & Mary.
To observe a specific class
If you are interested in a particular class or department that is not one of our pre-approved classes please contact that department directly. You can also use the dynamic course catalog to search for an open class, and email a professor directly. Note: For the History department, please contact Professor Tuska Benes.
Guidlines & Suggestions:
- Our directions to campus and parking instructions will assist you as you join us at the Office of Undergraduate Admission (116 Jamestown Road, Williamsburg VA).
- Arrive for check-in thirty minutes prior to your scheduled class time.
- Schedule a visit at a time when you can stay for the entire class and avoid disrupting class by leaving early.
- Turn off cell phones or set them to silent during the class period.
- Please be sure to introduce yourself and thank the professor at the end of the class.
For any further questions you may email Assistant Dean Taylor Stephens or contact him by phone at (757) 221-3979.