The student face of the admission office.
Griffin Ambassadors assist in recruiting the best and brightest to William & Mary. Because they are involved with campus visits, shadow programs, and other admission programs, Griffin Ambassadors have the most contact with our 25,000 annual campus visitors. By joining this program, you will not only be notified about volunteer and employment opportunities within the admission office, but you will also gain invaluable communication and interpersonal skills. In short, you will serve as the face of William & Mary to our visitors!
Commitments for 2021-22 academic year:
- One Griffin Chat every week, where, for one hour, you will help to greet visitors in the Undergraduate Admission office.
- All weekly chat sessions are either morning (9:15-10:00 AM), midday (12:00-12:45 PM) or afternoon (1:45-2:30 PM) throughout the semester.
- One Weekend Information Session per semester, where you will help to set-up and facilitate a Saturday or Sunday admission program on campus. In the fall, these are called Fall Focus and in the spring, it is our Day for Admitted Students.
- Three MyWM Monday programs in April, where you will host and have lunch with visiting admitted students on campus.
- One "For Students, By Students' virtual panel where you will meet with prospective students to answer any questions or concerns they might have regarding the student experience.
- Two Griffin Shadows in the fall, where you will grab lunch with a prospective student, take them to your classes, and show them what a typical day is like at William & Mary. Unfortunately we are unable to offer Griffin Shadows for the fall of 2021 due to the pandemic.
- Additional opportunities to assist the Admission Office.
The Griffin Ambassador Program is hiring this Fall 2021.
Please contact [[admission, Undergraduate Admission]] with any questions.