How to Apply for Aid

Federal financial aid offered to U.S. citizens and eligible noncitizens by William & Mary—grants, loans and work-study—is covered by one application: the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA can be filled out and submitted online at There may be additional considerations for graduate and professional programs.

Applicants for undergraduate admission - as either freshman or as transfer students - also are strongly encouraged to complete the CSS Profile.  Unless a student submits a CSS Profile, financial aid will be limited to federal sources.

There are some important dates and deadlines, so carefully read over the following links to learn how to: