The U.S. Department of Education requires institutions to report on the receipt and usage of their allocation from the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund – Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students (HEERF II). The report must be posted on the institution’s primary website and contain the most current information from the date the institution received its allocation.
First Quarter Report 2021/2022, September 30, 2021 Report (final)
Required Report Items
An acknowledgment that the institution signed and returned the Certification and Agreement form & the assurance that the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than the required amount of funds received to provided HEERF II grants to students.
- W&M acknowledges this has taken place
The total amount of funds that the institution will receive or has received from ED.
- W&M has been allocated and received, $1,974,134 in Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II - Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students. (HEERF II)
The total amount of HEERF II grants distributed to students.
- As of 09/30/2021 - $1,974,134 has been disbursed to students from this program.
The total number of students who have received a HEERF II grant.
- As of 09/30/2021 - 3,437 students meet the instructional eligibility criteria.
The institution used the following method(s) to determine which students received HEERF II grants and how much they would receive.
- Please refer to the HEERF II FAQs page.
Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the institution to students concerning the HEERF II grants.
- Students who received block grant payments were sent an e-mail indicating they had received funding. Information related to HEERF II grants is available on the CRRSA FAQ Page.
CRRSA Act HEERF II Institutional Funding.
The Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations (CRRSA) Act allocated $1,974,134 in institutional support. The link below is William & Mary’s report on these funds as required by the Department of Education.