The U.S. Department of Education requires institutions to report on the receipt and usage of their allocation from the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund – Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students (HEERF III). The report must be posted on the institution’s primary website and contain the most current information from the date the institution received its allocation.
Third Quarter Report 2021/2022, March 31, 2022 Report (final)
Required Report Items
An acknowledgment that the institution signed and returned the Certification and Agreement form & the assurance that the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than the required amount of funds received to provide HEERF III grants to students.
- W&M acknowledges this has taken place
The total amount of funds that the institution will receive or has received from ED.
- W&M has been allocated and received, $5,098,537 in Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund III - (HEERF III).
The total amount of HEERF III grants distributed to students.
- As of 03/31/2022 - $5,098,537 has been disbursed to students from this program.
The total number of students who have received a HEERF III grant.
- As of 03/31/2022 - 4,974 students meet the eligibility criteria.
The institution used the following method(s) to determine which students received HEERF III grants and how much they would receive.
- Please refer to the HEERF III FAQs page.
Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the institution to students concerning the HEERF III grants.
- Students who received block grant payments were sent an e-mail indicating they had received funding. Information related to HEERF III grants is available on the HEERF III FAQs page.
American Rescue Plan, HEERF III Institutional Funding.
The American Rescue Plan (ARP) allowed for funding referred to as Supplemental Support under American Rescue Plan (SSARP) HEERF III allocated $5,098,537 in institutional support. The link below is William & Mary’s report on these funds as required by the Department of Education.