Communicate W&M's commitment to diversity.
- Improve coordination across organizations dealing with diversity issues.
- Recognize individuals and organizations that help to celebrate diversity.
- Increase outreach to underrepresented alumni groups.
Provide a safe environment for campus community members to work, learn, live and socialize together without fear of assault, harassment or discrimination.
Ensure a welcoming and supportive campus.
- Educate the W&M workforce about diversity issues.
- Align unit and university diversity plans.
- Continue the momentum of the Lemon Project.
Increase the diversity of the student body, faculty and staff.
- Assess affirmative action outcomes and update annual plans.
- Explore and implement the most effective ways of identifying and considering highly qualified job candidates from under-represented groups.