Have suggestions for other resources? Please submit them via our contact form!
W&M Human Resources
- For questions about personnel issues (leave, benefits, pay, etc.), contact [[rfmetc, Rita Metcalfe]], Director of Benefits and Human Resources Administration.
- Claiming Authority: Negotiating Challenges for Women Leaders
(Interview with Harvard Business School faculty authors K. L. McGinn and H.R. Bowles)
- Swem Library: books, journal articles, and other sources about jobs and careers for women. Contact Swem Library's Research Department for assistance.
State Agencies and Organizations
- American Council on Education's Women's Network webpage
- American Council on Education's Gender Equity webpage
- American Association of University Women
- Women in Academia Report
- National Organization for Women
- League of Women Voters
College of William & Mary Programs, Organizations, and Resources
- Office of Diversity and Equal Opportunity
- Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s Studies Program
- W&M Women’s Law Society
- WISE (Women in Scientific Education): project to foster women in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics
- Women at the College of William and Mary (Swem Special Collections)
- Swem Library: books, articles, and other sources about topics such as "leadership in women," "women in higher education," "work and family," "sex role in the work environment," "sex discrimination in employment," and more. Contact Swem Library's Research Department for assistance.
- Pregnancy and Lactation Resources
Health and Safety Resources
- Beyond Title IX: Guidelines for Preventing and Responding to Gender-Based Violence in Higher Education: published by Futures Without Violence (2012).
- Beyond Boobs, Inc.: support group for young survivors of breast cancer. The group publishes an informative annual calendar called "A Calendar to Live By."