Phase III Data Recovery for Mitigation of Adverse Effects to Site 44WB66 (The Colonial Gallows)
Associated with the VNG Mechanicsville to Kingsmill Lateral Pipeline, City of Williamsburg, Virginia
1992 vi + 80 pp. 35 figs., 1 appdx.
This 18th-century feature complex near Williamsburg is the remains of a triangular gallows that served as the Virginia Colony's official place of execution from 1699 until 1781. Additional exposure of a previously identified linear feature interpreted to be the remains of an early 17th-century palisade allowed for a refinement of its orientation.
Order form (pdf)