Aramark and William and Mary Dining Services will be hiring three (3) student Sustainability Interns for the 2009-2010 academic year. The paid interns will work 10-15 hours per week at one of the three dining halls on the William and Mary campus (Commons, Sadler Center RFoC, Marketplace) on issues of food sustainability and recycling in Dining Services.
The responsibilities of the Sustainability Interns will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting Dining Services in making sustainable food purchasing choices
- Tracking and describing the recycling processes in the dining hall
- Evaluating the recycling program for efficiency
- Identifying connections between the Dining Services recycling and the College’s overall recycling program
- Research recycling programs at other colleges and universities
- Travel to the University of Virginia for training
- Write periodic reports to Larry Smith of Dining Services
Dining Services is looking for highly motivated, dedicated students interested in working on issues of sustainable food and recycling. Students interested in applying for the internship are encouraged to pick up an application at the Commons cafeteria from Larry Smith, director of the Commons. Interviews will take place the week of May 4th. Please email Philip Zapfel at [[pmzapf]] with any further questions.