The Science and Technical Advisory Subcommittee (STAC) is the primary assessment and monitoring arm of COS. STAC is responsible for developing an ecosystem plan that defines the College’s ecosystem to be studied and managed, the current state of that ecosystem, and appropriate assessment methodologies. STAC is co-chaired by Professor of Biology Dan Cristol and graduate student representative Brendan Turley M.Sc. '15.
The Greenhouse Gas and Transportation Working Group is...
- ...responsible for conducting an annual greenhouse gas inventory of the whole campus, recommending ways to reduce greenhouse gases, and promoting sustainable transportation options.
- ...planning projects for 2013-2014: Conducting the annual campus-wide GHG inventory, comparing how Greenhouse Gas Emissions at William and Mary compare to other universities.
The Land Use Working Group is...
- ...responsible for ensuring that the College's land is used in a manner that maximizes both sustainability and educational uses.
- ...planning projects for 2012-2013: Creating a sustainable land use plan for the College, using GIS technology to mark important features of campus and add them to the campus map, conducting faculty land use survey to plan for research purposes.
- ...leader by Jim Perry | Professor of Marine Science at VIMS | 804-684-7388 | [[v|jperry]]
The Storm Water Management Working Group is...
- ...responsible for monitoring stormwater runoff on campus and making recommendations to control runoff and improve the condition of waterways on campus.
- ...planning projects for 2013-2014: Creation of a stormwater management plan for the College, monitoring runoff during storm events.
- ...lead by Randy Chambers | Professor of Biology | 757-221-2331 | [[rmcham]]