Your safety and well-being are the highest priority. Please make sure you are viewing this site in a safe location.
For immediate medical care or police response, call the William & Mary Police at 757-221-4596 or 911.
For help with:
- Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center, 100 Sentara Circle, Williamsburg, VA 23188, 757-984-6000. Sentara's ER is open 24 hours a day and can conduct physical evidence recovery (PERK), which can be useful in criminal or university processes. The William & Mary Police will accompany you to the hospital, if you would like.
- Riverside Doctors' Hospital, 1500 Commonwealth Avenue, Williamsburg, VA 23185 757-585-2200. Riverside's ER is open 24 hours a day. Please note that this Riverside location does not provide PERK exams.
- Student Health Center at William & Mary, 1 Gooch Drive, 757-221-2998. The Student Health Center provides a full-range of free, confidential primary care services including the evaluation, treatment and prevention of all kinds of acute or chronic physical, mental and social health issues. The Student Health Center provides pregnancy and STI screening and provides Plan B and other emergency contraception through its pharmacy. Please note that the Student Health Center does not provide PERK exams.
- William & Mary Counseling Center: 757-221-3620 (free services for W&M students). Students can reach a counselor 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling the main Counseling Center number 757-221-3620. Students and employees can find local mental health providers by using the Online Community Database.
- Avalon: A Center for Women and Children
24 Hour Helpline: 757-258-5051 firstname.lastname@example.org
Main Office: 757-258-5022 TTY: 757-634-3447
Avalon's mission is to provide shelter and support for those experiencing domestic violence and sexual assault in the Greater Williamsburg area. By offering tools for safety, self-sufficiency, and empowerment Avalon works to break the cycle of abuse and helps create a positive future.
- The National Sexual Assault Hotline (RAINN), 1-800-656-HOPE, and the Suicide Prevention Lifeline, 1-800-273-8255, are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- The Survivors of Sexual Violence page provides more information and resources.
- For assistance with campus housing contact the Dean of Students Office 757-221-2510
- For shelter or resource and referral information contact Avalon's 24 Hour Helpline 757-258-5051
Reporting an incident for university administrative action, for law enforcement action, or for statistical counting:
- Visit Reporting Options for information about the different ways to report and types of reports.