Proofreadingservices.com created this program to reward America's most talented student writers at the high school and university levels.
- This year, they will award six scholarships ranging from $100 to $500. Three scholarships will be awarded to high school seniors and three will be awarded to university students (graduate students and undergraduate students are judged in the same category).
- To qualify, you must be enrolled in a US university or high school, you must meet the GPA minimum of 3.2, and you must write an essay responding to the prompt below and submit it online by June 1, 2014.
- The winners of this year's writing scholarships will be announced on July 1, 2014, and their entries will be posted on our blog for thousands of writers to read.
The 2014 Writing Prompt:
Make a bold prediction about something in the year 2025 that, to the best of your knowledge, no one else has made a prediction about. Convince us this will come true.
College and Graduate School Students
- 1st Place - $500
- 2nd Place - $300
- 3rd Place - $100
- Undergraduate or graduate student (any field of study) enrolled in a US university (you do not need to be an American citizen)
- Minimum 3.2 GPA
Deadline and Guidelines:
- All scholarship writing submissions must be received by noon (US Eastern time) on June 1, 2014. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- If you have questions, please use the contact form on the website. We cannot answer any scholarship questions via phone.
- Your response to this year's writing prompt (see above) must be between 750 and 2,000 words (including your MLA Works Cited page). Please make sure you respect the minimum and maximum word counts. Our panel of educators will judge your writing's clarity, grammar, organization, and creativity. Good luck!