Preparing for Life as a University Student (PLUS) is an intensive, week-long summer program for incoming freshmen, and we need some energetic, committed W&M students who want to help some of the members of the Class of 2019 make their successful transition into the W&M community. If you’re that person, you should consider applying to be a PLUS Resident Counselor.
Resident Counselors serve as peer advisers to program participants, helping to guide students during this week-long introduction to life at William and Mary. This position comes with a stipend ($700.00) and room & board for the duration of the program, which will take place July 9, 2015 through July 18, 2015. During this time, resident counselors are not permitted to have full-time jobs, internships, positions, or to take more than one class in order to ensure that they are committed and entirely available to PLUS students.
- To apply, please complete the online application.
- In addition to the online application, each applicant must have two (2) professional references submit an online Recommendation Form. Your recommenders should be a current or former faculty member, administrator, supervisor, etc. who can speak to your leadership qualities and potential to be a successful PLUS Resident Counselor.
- The application deadline is Wednesday, February 4, 2015.
- Must be in good academic standing
- Strong leadership qualities and interpersonal skills
- Must attend training sessions
- Live on-site in the residence halls with students for the entire program
- Serve as a role model for students
- Attend sessions with student participants during lectures
- Maintain communication with freshmen throughout the Fall 2015 semester
You may contact Dr. Vernon J. Hurte at 757-221-2301 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or desire additional information.